Quality Used Cars from Bonander Buick GMC
Affordable Used Cars in Modesto
What to Look When You're Buying a Used Car
- Look for surface problems: exterior scratches, chipped paint, and rust spots.
- Inspect the trunk for water leaks, damage and wear.
- Check the tires for worn treads and feathering, which can be a sign of bad alignment.
- Listen for a loud exhaust system and check for rust or holes.
- Check the engine - hoses and belts should not have any holes or cracks.
- Look for and ask about engine leaks or corrosion.
- Pull the transmission dipstick - fluid should be pink or red.
- Run the air-conditioning and make sure it works.
- Write down the odometer mileage.
- Ask about any warning lights on the dash and get a written estimate to fix.
- When you test drive, pay attention to brakes and gear shifting. You want to make sure the car is running smooth.
- When in doubt bring someone who knows cars with you when shopping for a used car!